Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Andy, Renee, Roger, Berlin, Bremen, Bremerhaven

The film festival is over. Now for the fun part.

On May 29, I jumped on a plane to Berlin to meet my parents for a few days’ travel. We didn’t do too much in Berlin that I hadn’t already done (which is why you’ll find those photos mixed in with the ones from Bremen and Bremerhaven). Bremen is another big German city (famous for teddy bears, of all things). Bremerhaven was the big emigration port out of Germany in the 1800s and early 1900s, and it’s where my ancestors on my mom’s side traveled from to reach the United States, so there was some sentimental value here. And wiener schnitzel value. Can’t undersell that one.

There will eventually be photos, but I've been working my camera very, very hard recently. It's going to take a while to sort through it all.

So, on June 2, we caught a (rather frantic) train (that smelled like a Vassar TH party) to Amsterdam so we could get on a cruise.

Prepare for the final entry. Right after the next, almost totally unrelated one.

-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment